It is official – Nokia has begun shipping on their second Windows Phone, the Lumia 710. It is expected that the Lumia 710 will hit the US early next year with T-Mobile.
Here is the Press Release for the event from Nokia
Espoo, Finland – Nokia today announced the Nokia Lumia 710 will hit shelves, less than one month after the Nokia Lumia 800 started turning heads.
The Nokia Lumia 710 will start selling today in Taiwan alongside the Nokia Lumia 800. The Nokia Lumia 710 will then reach stores in Singapore, Hong Kong, India and Russia in the next seven days and continue its global roll-out over the coming weeks.
Estimated retail price is 270 EUR, excluding taxes and subsidies and availability will be via operator partners, retailers and open channels depending on local situation.
The colourful, affordable Nokia Lumia 710 was designed to make the Nokia Lumia experience accessible to more people around the world and at launch was widely praised as the best Windows Phone experience at is price point. It combines the powerful social and Internet experience of Windows Phone with the ability to take pictures in almost any conditions and share with friends in seconds, as well as access to thousands of the most popular apps, including exclusive Nokia services.
Based on the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango release, the Nokia Lumia 710 smartphone is designed to appeal to people with lively social lives, who want an easy way to enjoy all the benefits of Windows Phone and access to signature Nokia experiences:
- People Hub in Windows Phone displays all call, text, email and social network interactions with any individual contact in an integrated view, with the ability to group contacts and pin favourite groups and individuals to the start screen for live updates and easy access to the people who matter most.
- Faster, easier Web browsing experience with Internet Explorer 9 and one-touch Bing search.
- Nokia Drive delivers a full-fledged personal navigation device (PND) with free, turn-by-turn navigation and dedicated in-car-user-interface.
- Nokia Music introduces MixRadio, a free, global, mobile music-streaming application that delivers 100s of channels of locally-relevant music. Nokia Lumia users will also gain the ability to create personalized channels from a global catalogue of millions of tracks. Also integrated in Nokia Music is Gigfinder, providing the ability to search for live local music for a complete end-to-end music experience and the ability to share discoveries on social networks and buy concert tickets.
- With the 5MP camera, anyone can take pictures and share on social networks in seconds, even when the phone is locked.
The Nokia Lumia 710 can be personalized with a range of colours, including white and black front finish and a choice of five inter-changeable back-covers available to purchase separately.
Also available to purchase separately are a range of complementary audio accessories co-designed and co-developed with Monster. The in-ear Nokia Purity Stereo Headset by Monster, providing high-performance in-ear style and the on-ear Nokia Purity HD Stereo Headset by Monster for the best mobile audio experience. Both products provide a fresh listening experience and are the first output of the exclusive long-term partnership between Nokia and Monster, intended to introduce a range of premium audio accessories to reflect the outstanding quality and bold style of the Lumia range.
Nokia Lumia 710: Designed to be personal and affordable
- Can be personalized with white or black body design, five vibrant exchangeable back covers (black, white, cyan, fuchsia, and yellow) and thousands of apps
- Best social networking experience provided by Windows Phone release 7.5
- Best Internet browsing experience with Internet Explorer 9
- 3.7″ WVGA TFT, ClearBlack capacitive touch screen with pinch zoom, 800 x 480 pixels and 16 million colours
- 5 MP camera with auto focus, LED flash, high definition 720p video recording with 30FPS and one-touch image sharing
- Nokia signature hubs: Nokia Drive, Nokia Music
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 512MB program memory, 8GB internal user memory, and up to 7.6 hours of 3G talktime
The Nokia Purity HD Stereo Headset by Monster – The ultimate mobile audio experience
- Iconic on-ear headset from two trusted brands
- Sleek, lightweight, bold design
- Advanced Monster driver technologies deliver accurate reproduction of low bass without distortion, clear mids and crisp highs for a pure listening experience
- Ultra-soft ear cushions for hours of comfortable audio listening
- Tangle-free cables and Integrated volume and call handling controls
- Includes premium carrying pouch and two colour-matched audio cables for maximum compatibility with various mobile devices
- Available in cyan, fuchsia, black, and white
The Nokia Purity Stereo Headset by Monster – High performance in-ear style
- Premium in-ear headset from two trusted brands
- Stylish noise isolating in-ear design
Advanced Monster driver technologies deliver accurate reproduction of low bass without distortion, clear mids and crisp highs for a pure listening experience
Tangle-free cables and Integrated volume and call handling controls
Includes premium carrying pouch, five pairs of variable sized ear buds, and colour matched cable adapter for maximum compatibility with various mobile devices
Available in cyan, fuchsia, black, and white
Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them by combining advanced mobile technology with personalized services. More than 1.3 billion people connect to one another with a Nokia, from our most affordable voice-optimized mobile phones to advanced Internet-connected smartphones sold in virtually every market in the world. Through our services, people also enjoy access to maps and navigation on mobile, a rapidly expanding applications store, a growing catalog of digital music, and more. Nokia’s NAVTEQ is a leader in comprehensive digital mapping and navigation services, and Nokia Siemens Networks is one of the leading providers of telecommunications infrastructure hardware, software and professional services globally.