Age of Empires Castle Siege for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 got a hefty update today, bringing a significant number of stability and performance updates. Version 1.3 of the game is now available in the Windows Store on your Windows 8.1 PC and Windows Phone Store on your phone.
The update is 170MB in size for Windows Phone so it is a big update and will require you to have your phone connected to WiFi in order to download it.
As for the update itself, the release notes are pretty comprehensive in what is updated and fixed in this release.
– Made improvements to dropped connections during battle. This is an area that we are constantly monitoring and improving.
– We’ve modified the way we award crowns for players in Ages 5-8.
– Keeps have bolstered their defenses against mounted troops.
– Winrich von Kniprode has found a flaw in these new defenses and now has a damage boost against all Keeps.
– Richard the Lionheart no longer feels it is an efficient use of his skills to boost mounted troops and will now only boost infantry as per his description.
– Resolved some rendering issues on the HTC-8S phone.
– Players will no longer gain achievements from visiting another player’s castle.