WeatherSphere has released their NOAA Hi-Def Radar app for Windows Phone, bringing the impressive weather app to the platform following iOS and Android. The app provides a wealth of weather and radar information to users, particularly those in the United States. Further, it provides some unique features to other weather apps in the Windows Phone store that make this app immediately stand above many others available.
There are two big features that the NOAA Hi-Def Radar app brings to Windows Phone that are unique to it. First, this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific
oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
Secondly, this is the only app that allows you to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
The full list of features is pretty impressive:
- Install and go, no complex setup
- Sharp images
- Choose between Radar layer for rain or Cloud Coverage layer.
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Supports Portrait and Landscape modes
- Get fast support from within the app
The NOAA Hi-Def Radar app for Windows Phone is $1.99 and it is supported on 512MB RAM devices so virtually any Windows Phone can take advantage of this great app.