If you are looking for a budget Android phone with great specs, the BLU Vivo Air LTE could be an option for you. Today over at Amazon, you can pick one up for only $149, a savings of $50 and you can still get it in time for Christmas with 2-day shipping. The US based company BLU has become known as company that offers Android and Windows Phones at a competitive price with reasonable specs. The Vivo Air LTE is a great example of this and while the specifications aren’t going to set the world alight, they still aren’t anything to dismiss.
- Super AMOLED 4.8-inch HD Display;
- 8MP Camera with Sony IMX 219 Sensor + LED Flash with HD video recording (1080p), 5MP Wide angle Front Camera
- 16GB internal with 2GB RAM,
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, 64-Bit 1.2 GHz CPU
- 4G LTE: T-Mobile: Supported Nationwide with Bands 2/4 including MVNO’s on T-Mobile such as Metro PCS, Simple Mobile, Go Smart, Straight Talk, AT&T: Limited Support for markets where AT&T has rolled out Band 2 and 4.Does not support Band 17
Keep in mind that the 16GB of storage on board is what you will get – there is no MicroSD slot. Again, for some this isn’t a deal breaker but you need to be aware of it if you are considering picking one up for yourself or a gift. And as you probably have sorted out for yourself, the phone is unlocked and will pretty much work with any GSM carrier.
You will also note that it will have Android Lollipop running on it. What about Marshmallow? More on that after the break.
Vivo Air LTE Should See Android Marshmallow
In the specifications for the device and other communications with BLU, this phone should be one of the very few from BLU that sees Marshmallow. That said, the company has not given any
indication on timing of that release which could still be several months away. Once the upgrade is available it will be like other devices in that it will come to you in a OTA update.
The sale on the phone ends today from Amazon and is good while supplies last. It is available in Black or White.