MobilityMinded Ponders Why You Can’t See Friends Facebook Updates on Your People Tile
One of the frustrating things about the Windows Phone People Hub and Friends Live Tiles is that updates from Facebook for your contacts are not shown. In principle, this should work on Windows Phone because of the tight integration the OS has to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Live. If you have struggled with this you are not alone and it is not a problem with Windows Phone. It is a problem with Facebook.
The problem lies with the privacy setting in Facebook and in order for you to see your friends updates, they have to allow it in Facebook on their account. So yes, you have to ask friends to change their Facebook privacy so you can see them. Odd? Yes. Frustrating? Absolutely.
Windows Phone expert & fellow MVP Johan Van Mierlo has posted a great article over on MobilityMinded that outlines the issue and how to go about getting your friends to change their settings to allow these updates to flow freely to your People and Friends live tiles. It is a great article that outlines the issue and how to make the changes to your own Facebook account to allow your friends to access your Facebook updates.
Check it out at MobilityMinded
- HTC ANNOUNCES HTC TITAN II — HTC’S FIRST 4G LTE WINDOWS PHONE
- Supersite for Windows Reports on Microsoft’s LTE Plans for Windows Phone
- Nokia Lumia 800 Unlocked Down to $535 on Amazon
- Nokia Lumia 710 Now on T-Mobile Website – Not Available Yet
- WFAA Updates Windows Phone App for Dallas-Fort Worth Locals
- Leaked Windows Phone Roadmap Shows Future Strategy from Microsoft
- Klout Score App Coming to The Marketplace Next Week for Windows Phone
- Digitimes Expects Windows Phone to Take 6.2% of The Market in 2012
- Paul Thurott Discusses How Microsoft Can Fix Windows Phone in 2012
- New Windows Phone for Christmas? Check Out The How To’s for Help