In the flurry of new apps this week, another major release hit the Marketplace. Newegg.com, the popular technology site, released their official shopping app for Windows Phone. The app brings all of the things that I personally love about Newegg including great product descriptions and photos, reviews from buyers of that product (over 1.7 million reviews) and quick, in-app purchasing. The app ties in with your Newegg.com account so purchasing is quick and easy – which is a good thing, right?
In using the app I found it very snappy on my Samsung Focus and easy to navigate and find products. It seems that Newegg paid a lot of attention to making the navigation and user interface simple but effective.
Here are some of the highlights of the Newegg app:
- Comprehensive product specifications.
- 1.7+ millions customer reviews.
- Detailed item image gallery.
- Quick and simple shopping flow.
- Simple and quick search function.
* Search by category
* Guided search
* Advanced search
- Good for deal hunting: Shell Shockers, Daily Deals and Free Shipping.
- All purchases made on Newegg Mobile are routed through Newegg’s secure servers.
The app is free and available now in the Marketplace with a five star rating