Windows Phone Marketplace Top 50,000 Apps
All About Windows Phone is reporting that the Marketplace for Windows Phone has hit the 50,000 app and game submitted milestone. This is a significant achievement especially considering how fast this level was reached. It took a full year for the Marketplace to hit 40,000 apps but only took 40 days to from that point to hit 50,000. Even more interesting, it took Windows Phone significantly less time than the Android marketplace to reach the 50K mark. Windows Phone did it in just under 14 months while Android took 19 months to hit the mark. iOS is still the leader however, reaching 50,000 apps in 12 months.
Rafe and team over at AAWP have put together an impressive set of graphs and breakdowns of the marketplace apps and historical information. I encourage all of you to read it.
The rate of apps being submitted is during the last 4 weeks has been 265 apps per day! That is a stunning number when you think about it. There is a lot of developer attention on the platform now which is great to see.
Clearly all of this points to a great start for 2012 for the platform. Let’s see if 60,000 apps can be hit in early February!
Source: All About Windows Phone
- @WinObs Tweeted Links for 27 December 2011 | WindowsObserver.com
- Fever Pitched Episode 6: This Weeks Hottest Stories for 28 December 2011 | WindowsObserver.com
- New Windows Phone for Christmas? Check Out The How To’s for Help
- An Open Letter to Windows Phone Developers: Update Your Apps! [Opinion]
- Official Newegg.com App for Windows Phone Released
- NextGen Reader for Windows Phone Gets Updated
- Sports Tracker Comes to Windows Phone
- Box.net Releases Boxdrive App for Free for Windows Phone
- Microsoft Releases New XBox Live Game Breeze for Windows Phone
- Nokia Lumia 710 at T-Mobile for $49.99 beginning January 11th
- Nokia Ace Rumored to be Coming to AT&T and Verizon Early in 2012
- Nokia Lumia 710 Now Shipping Globally