Without question the best flight simulator game for Windows Phone is Infinite Flight. It provides an incredible flying experience and is beautifully designed. Now the developer, Flying Development Studios, has released a major update to the game.
The new 2.1 update, which is now available in the Marketplace, brings two new aircraft to the game (F/A-18 Hornet and 787-900 Dreamliner) along with a host of improvements, changes and fixes. Here is the complete 2.1 change log:
- Added the F/A-18 Hornet
- Added the Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner
- Added more smaller airports in both regions (137 total airports)
- Reworked HUD readability
- Improved physics of jets at high altitude (flight up to FL400+ is now possible)
- Added airport beacon at night, visible from afar.
- Updated airport database (up to date frequencies, runways…)
- Runways surfaces now supported (asphalt, concrete, dirt, mud, dry lakebed…)
- Fixed aircraft shadow issues
- Cleaned up UI to select airport by region
- Tweaked physics of the B747, C17 and A380
- Added virtual cockpit camera for new airplanes
In all there are 11 aircraft you can fly in and around 137 different airports in the San Francisco and Southern California areas. The game is $4.99 and is a healthy 38MB download so you will need to be on WiFi to download it. If you are a flight sim fan (Clinton raises his hand) then you have to give Infinite Flight a try. You won’t be disappointed.