As the growth of online gaming has grown, so has the way people learn and consume gameplay. Twitch has taken off over the past 18 months and now Google is getting into the gameplay watching fray. Today they launched YouTube Gaming, an app and web portal dedicated to streaming video, videos and live chats to help gamers with over 25,000 different game titles. YouTube Gaming has a dedicated page for every game, making finding content much easier as you look to watch or chat about a particular game. The app and the service are both free and it leverages the power of YouTube.
This first release of YouTube Gaming has an impressive list of features:
VIDEOS AND LIVE STREAMS ALL IN ONE PLACE
• Watch videos from more than 25,000 games
• Experience live streams while chatting with other gamers
• Get recommended videos based on games you love
A DESIGN BUILT FOR GAMERS
• Browse dedicated pages for every game, as well as publisher and gamer channels
• Explore categories from reviews to let’s plays, machinima, eSports, and more
• Favorite your games and channels for updates and easy access
THE BIGGEST GAMING COMMUNITY
• Receive live stream notifications to keep up with the action
• Join a community of publishers and gamers over 100 million strong
• Tune in to live streams of events like E3, PAX, and Gamescom
The way that YouTube Gaming is setup, it will be easy for anyone to find game content, learn how to play and interact with other gamers, all from their Android phone or tablet.