Based on a new commit found in the LineageOS Gerrit, support for the Android Marshmallow based version of the platform has been deprecated. The news isn’t too shocking given that there are virtually no devices left running on what was known as LineageOS 13 and maintenance of most builds of that version have ceased. It means that version 14.1 is the minimum supported version of the open source Android variant. That build is based on Android Nougat 7.1.
Version 13 has been completely removed from the Lineage servers at this point, meaning there will be no further updates or support for it.
There are still a handful of devices that were on the 13 train.
- Google Nexus 10 (manta)
- GSM Google Galaxy Nexus (maguro)
- Nvidia Shield Portable (roth)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 / Tab 2 10.1 GSM (espresso3g)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 / Tab 2 10.1 Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi + IR (espressowifi)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 (ks01lte)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (mondrianwifi)
- Sprint Google Galaxy Nexus LTE (toroplus)
- Verizon Google Galaxy Nexus LTE (toro)
If you have one of these devices and are on build 13, just know that you are effectively at the end of the support line. You’ll still be able to run the version of Android on your phone but no further support or updates are going to be coming to you.