Age of Empires Castle Siege, the medieval civilization building game, has received another major update from Microsoft Studios. The game gets one of these about every month and this one is certainly an important one to get. The update is for both Windows and Windows Phone (remember, it is a universal app) and brings several game play improvements as well as a host of bug fixes.
The two biggest changes amongst them as a player is the decrease in resource producing things like farms and mills build time so you can start collecting resources faster while the other is the increased length of peace treaties so there is a longer time between attacks on your empire. This later is important if you are away from the game a day or two. The update, version 188.8.131.52 for those keeping score at home, is available now in both the Windows and Windows Phone Stores.
Here is a complete rundown of all of the changes in this update to the game.
- Decrease Farm/Mill/Quarry build times to encourage players to upgrade resource collecting buildings.
- Increase storage building health to make them more difficult to snipe.
- Increase damage output of Raiders, Muscovy Knights, and Sviatoslav against storage buildings to balance increased storage building health.
- Increase Peace Treaty lengths to reduce the number of times a player is attacked while away.
- Increase production research tech bonuses from Cathedral Resource.
- Total percentage of resources available to be looted in an attack will decrease as player Age increases to allow players in later ages to save enough resources to make purchases.
- Attacking a player via revenge removes the attacking player’s Peace Treaty.
- Bug Fixes
- Viewing unit info for donated units should now display the donated unit’s level and stats instead of the player’s trained units.
- When a player has donated a relief unit, you will be displayed a message, but nothing will appear in the Alliance chat. These changes should help alleviate the resource issues we have been seeing at higher Ages.
Unlike the last update, there are no new levels in this update as it is mostly focused on improving game play and addressing issues.
Age of Empires Castle Siege is a Universal app meaning that your advancements, resources and so forth are shared across your devices. This is thanks to you signing in with your Xbox account which is required.