Microsoft has dropped three important updates for those who are running the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Build 10041 has been updated to fix some security issues but also address some bugs from the original release last week. If you are running the preview you will want to get these updates ASAP. Also, good news for those of you who are on the Slow Ring. The team over at Windows Central is reporting that this build will be pushed out to Slow Ring Windows Insider’s later today.
Microsoft’s Gabe Aul Tweeted about these updates earlier this morning and here are the highlights of what are addressed in these updates:
- A security hole is closed so that the FREAK method of attack cannot be used on this build of Windows 10
- This update resolves a problem that may result in a transparent Start screen and Task view, transparencies when snapping or dragging windows, and can cause desktop thumbnails to appear as black squares.
- This update resolves a problem that results in severe graphical artifacts on screen when Magnifier is launched in docked or lens mode.
- This update contains a reliability improvement to resolve a common system crash.
- Sharing the desktop in a meeting causes remote users to see a black rectangle instead of the desktop in the Lync client.
- On Microsoft Surface Hub, selecting the I’m Done button may cause the user interface to crash, thus making the Call, Whiteboard, and Connect buttons nonfunctional.
- If the Connect app is closed via the task switcher and then restarted, it may crash.
All of these updates can be obtained through the Windows Update tool in the Windows 10 Technical Preview and are available now.