OnePlus has begun the process of rolling out an update to OxygenOS for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The updated version is 4.1.7 and brings a handful of fixes, security improvements and optimizations to the Android-based platform.
The August 2017 Android Security Update is included in the 4.1.7 build, bringing it up from the May 2017 patch, the last time the OnePlus 3 and 3T so an OS update. This makes the 3 and 3T one of just a handful of phones outside of Google’s own Nexus or Pixel devices that have the August update.
OnePlus has also optimized the battery and improved overall system fluidity which should make these devices a feel a bit snappier when you are using them. What exactly was improved here was not outlined in the release notes but users are reporting that these are positive steps in usability.
In the OxygenOS 4.1.7 update, there are also a handful of other fixes and improvements. OnePlus outlined them in the release notes:
- Sound channel error while recording videos
- Call is routed to speaker accidently by some 3rd party apps
- Rendering issue in Indian Kannada language
- App locker issue caused by some 3rd party apps
- As per Google, Hangouts will be removed if you have never updated it on Play Store. To keep Hangouts, please update it prior to the upgrade
As is the case with all of their platform updates, OnePlus is slow rolling this update out to devices. It could take several days before you see the update on your OnePlus 3 or 3T but you can keep checking in the System Updates section in settings.