Microsoft has announced that the next version of the Nokia Lumia firmware, Lumia Denim, will start shipping with the new Lumia 830, 730 and 735 immediately with the rest of us seeing it by the end of this year. It is an impressive statement given that many of us are still just now getting Lumia Cyan on our devices.
Here is what Microsoft posted on their site on what the Lumia Denim update will have for us:
- Lumia Camera – Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
- Speed – Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
- Moment Capture – A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
- Rich Capture – Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already-impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
- Improved image processing algorithms – Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
- “Hey Cortana” Voice Activation – Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say “Hey Cortana” while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to theSensorCore technology.
- Glance Screen – Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.
Based on the post from Microsoft, this Lumia Denim assumes that Lumia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 are in place.
You can read the original post here.
Are you looking forward to Lumia Denim? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think.