The popular Runtastic app for Windows Phone has seen a major update this morning bringing an improved user experience along with a lot of new features. The update, version 220.127.116.11 for those keeping score at home, is available now and many of the updates are focused on the Pro version of the app (which also saw the same updates). Runtastic is free while Runtastic Pro is $4.99.
The list of updates is pretty impressive and includes:
- Heart Rate Integration: Track your heart rate with the Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor (PRO only)
- Heart Rate Zones: Train in the ideal heart rate zone, i.e. fat burning, to reach your goals (PRO only)
- LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Share location & receive messages for motivation to keep pushing
- Transparent Live Tile on your start screen
- Hydration feature: See how much you should drink to recovery from dehydration post-activity (PRO only)
- BirdView in map
- Japanese Voice Coach (PRO)
- New app languages: Russian, Turkish and Polish
- Improved layout
Runtastic for Windows Phone is one of those apps that is a must have if you like running, walking, cycling or other activities you want to track using your phone’s GPS. It is one of the most accurate available and one I’ve personally found to be one of the best.