The official Runtastic (Free) and Runtastic Pro ($4.99) for Windows Phone apps have received a healthy update today, bringing several new features to help you better track your activities. While most of the updates are aimed at the Pro version of the app, there are still plenty of new updates for those who have the free app and it is well worth the update. The new update, version 22.214.171.124 for those keeping score at home, are both available now in the Windows Phone Store.
The biggest thing that you will likely notice with the updated Runtastic apps is the improved layout of the user experience. This is something that they started a couple of updates ago and this update includes some tweaks, particularly around the mapping of your walks or run. All users will also see a new Transparent Live Tile on your Start screen. This is one of those things that I think every developer should do with their Windows Phone apps and I’m glad to see it comes to this one.
For you Pro users, you now have Heart Rate Integration and Hear Rate Zones when you use the Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor. Pro users will also be able to track how much water they
should drink to recover from an activity using the Hydration feature.
Here is the full rundown of the changes in this update of Runtastic from the Release Notes:
- Heart Rate Integration: Track your heart rate with the Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor (PRO only)
- Heart Rate Zones: Train in the ideal heart rate zone, i.e. fat burning, to reach your goals (PRO only)
- LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Share location & receive messages for motivation to keep pushing
- Transparent Live Tile on your start screen
- Hydration feature: See how much you should drink to recovery from dehydration post-activity (PRO only)
- BirdView in map
- Japanese Voice Coach (PRO)
- New app languages: Russian, Turkish and Polish
- Improved layout
If you already have Runtastic or Runtastic Pro installed on your Windows Phone then the update should be pushed down to you already via the auto update feature. For new users, use the links below to download to your Windows Phone.