While there is still now official Starbucks app for Windows Phone, one of the best alternative apps is Starbucks Locator. The app is developed by Lancelot Software and it has just received another significant update, its 3rd in the last month or so. The new update, version 22.214.171.124 for those keeping score at home, brings a host of new features and fixes including a new icon that tells you if the stores being listed near you are open at the moment. It’s a quick and easy way to see which store closest to you is open for that late night latte run.
The updates according to the Release Notes are significant and anyone using the app should download it for these fixes and new features.
- New Icon in main list to see if store is open right now
- Starbucks Account Quick Access Links (Rewards, Refill, etc.)
- New Barcode Settings Pivot
- Adjustable Barcode Size Setting: you can now choose small, medium or large. This tailors the barcode to fit your screen size.
- Setting to always show card in full screen mode
- Barcode Error Correction setting for older scanners
The improvements around the barcode sizing should help most users, especially those of us who carry 5″ devices or larger. I know on my Lumia 1320 I had problems previously on occasion where the scanners simply couldn’t read it because it was too small. This update should resolve that issue.
The update is a small one at only 3MB so OTA without Wi-Fi will be no problem.