For those of you in the Windows Insider program who are running Windows 10 for Phone, there is a new build out this afternoon and one that you should most definitely get if you are in the Fast Ring. It comes just 11 days after 10051 was posted. Build 10052 doesn’t bring any new features nor does it bring the new Office apps but it does have a huge number of fixes and improvements that will benefit everyone. If you are a Windows Insider and on the Fast Ring, go to Settings>Phone Update and get the latest build.
According to the Windows Blog, here are the key things that have been addressed in this latest build for Windows 10 for Phone:
are the big things that we fixed:
- Flight mode can now be enabled.
- You can now disable data connections.
- We fixed the bug in which your phone’s MMS settings were lost after upgrading from Build 9941.
- We fixed the issue in which you couldn’t download keyboards for additional languages.
- We fixed the issue where the viewfinder in the Camera app gets composed incorrectly on some devices like the Lumia 1020.
Equally as important, this new Build 10052 contains a fix that will allow Lumia 520 owners to restore their phones to Windows Phone 8.1. Last week when 10051 was released, there were a small number of Lumia 520 owners who could not use the Windows Recovery Tool to restore their devices, effectively rendering them dead. This build along with an update to the Recovery Tool should get things back in order for 520 owners.
I’m currently downloading this update to my Lumia 635 and will report on anything that I find in a subsequent post. I’m not expecting anything but improvements to the stability and usability of Windows 10 for Phone on this build but as always will warn that even with this update, it is not ready for prime time just yet.