After spending the past couple of months in a closed beta, Microsoft has release Hyperlapse for all Android users in the Google Play Store today. For those who aren’t familiar with the app, it is a simple app that allows you to quickly and easily capture time lapse videos on your phone. Not only do you have a wide range of speeds you can use (2x to 16x normal speed) but the quality of the videos is outstanding.
Here are some of the key features of Hyperlapse:
- Instant gratification: Capture the video, see the hyperlapse. It’s that simple.
- Import existing video: The other option: With Microsoft Hyperlapse Mobile, you can create a hyperlapse of any video you’ve already shot on your phone, instead of moving to a special
application and shooting a video just for hyperlapsing.
- Multiple speeds: Microsoft Hyperlapse Mobile supports hyperlapsing a video multiple times, at different speed rates, from 1x to 32x times the normal speed – or all of the above!
- Selfie lapses: Let your friends see your face – sped up of course – while you take your first skydiving lesson or fly through the jungle on a zipline.
- Share: It’s easy to post your hyperlapses on popular social media and video sites.
It’s important to note that you will need to be running KitKat or Lollipop (Android 4.4.x or 5.x) to use Hyperlapse and it is only available for Android phones.
There are a lot of great features about app and it should be fun for everyone to use. The key is that you have flexiblity when it comes to shooting your videos. You can shoot in 4x time for example but during the editing phase (after your video is shot or you have imported a video) you can adjust that speed and actually can save the file multiple times in different speeds.
To give you a feel for what you can do with this new app, I’ve created a small video and posted it on my YouTube channel. The video is only 15 seconds long but was originally shot in just over 2 minutes time.