HTC this morning launched their next flagship devices, the One A9. The 5″ Full HD display device is squarely aimed at the mid-market with a comfortable pre-order $399.99 price tag for the 32GB storage model. Overall it is not a bad specifications on this device and obviously it is important for HTC that the One A9 does well given the lackluster performance of the One M9 last year.
The One A9 sports a fingerprint sensor which is rapidly become a standard issue for any Android device and equally as important, it comes with Android Marshmallow, making it the first non-Nexus device to come with the latest version of Android out-of-the-box. The One A9 will come in two configurations: a 2GB RAM/16GB Storage variety and a 3GB RAM/32GB Storage version while it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor. As mentioned, it has a 5″ Full HD display covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
If there is one area of disappointment with HTC devices it has been the camera. HTC seems to have addressed this with the One A9 as the rear camera is a 13MP f/2.0 shooter with autofocus and
OIS which is also capable of shooting 1080p video. The front camera a fix focused 4MP f/2.0 camera that is essentially the same as the one that was in the One M9. Ultimately the test on if the camera has been improved will come with testing once the devices are shipping but as a long time fan of HTC, I’m hoping they got it right.
Finally, from a battery perspectvie, the One A9 comes with a 2150mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0 with 12 hours of video playback and 16 hours of talk time.
Here is a rundown of the specs on the HTC One A9
- Size & Weight: 145.75 x 70.8 x 7.26 mm & 143g
- Display: 5″ Full HD 1080p covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdraong 617 octa-core 64-bit process (4 cores at 1.5GHz and 4 at 1.2 GHz)
- RAM & Storage: Configuration 1 is 3GB RAM with 32GB Storage. Configuration 2 is 2GB RAM with 16GB storage
- Storage Expansion: Yes. Up to 2TB via MicroSD
- 2G/2.5G – GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G UMTS (Varies by market): 850/900/AWS/1900/2100 MHz
- EMEA/ASIA 4G LTE: FDD Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28; TDD Bands 38, 40, 41
- Americas 4G LTE with VoLTE: FDD Bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Proximity, Motion G, Compass, Gyro, Magnetic, Sensor Hub
- GPS: Internal GPS + GLONASS
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4+5GHz), 3.5mm stereo audio jack, microUSB 2.0 port
- Audio: Dolby Audio
- Main Camera: 13MP with sapphire lens cover, f/2.0 aperture, auto focus, BSI sensor, OIS, 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: HTC Ultrapixel (4MP) , f/2.0 aperture, fixed focus, 1080p video recording
- Battery: 2150mAh with Quick Charge 2.0 support (forward compatible with Quick Charge 3.0)
You can place your pre-order for the HTC One A9 on the HTC website. Shipping will begin in November