T-Mobile has announced that customers who want to get the new LG G5 on their network can start ordering it online on March 29th, days ahead of its general availability on April 1st. Customers can either purchase the phone outright at $629.99 or do a 24 month payment plan which is $26.24 per month. The announcement means that the carrier will have the phone available for purchase here in the US first amongst the other carriers, something that they have been doing a lot of lately (like on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge)
To sweeten the deal for those who are thinking about the G5, T-Mobile is including a free LG Battery bundle, valued at $80 and if you order before April 5th, you get the LG 360 CAM as well (while supplies last). That camera is valued at $200 so it is a pretty nice deal overall.
The new LG G5 will come out of the box running Android 6.0.1 and along with the 16MP main camera on the back, there is also an 8MP wide-angle camera as well. This secondary camera is design to capture great panoramic with its 135-degree view angle. Here is a complete run down of the specifications.
- Android 6.0.1
- Snapdragon 820 processor
- 5.3″ IPS quad-HD display (2560 x 1440) at 551 dpi
- 32GB of storage, expandable up to 2 TB with the microSD slot
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Dual rear cameras: Main is 16MP while secondary is 8MP wide-angle
- Front camera is 8MP
- 2800 mAh removable battery
- USB Type C, NFC and Bluetooth 4.2 supported
- 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm in size, weighing in at 159 grams
You can get more information at T-Mobile