The original NVIDIA Shield Tablet has been issued a major update that brings, amongst other things, Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. The update is identical to the update that was released a few weeks back for the Shield Tablet K1 and it has all of the same updates in that release. With the update to Marshmallow, you will have the March Security update for the OS as well. The update is a hefty one at around 1GB so expect the download to take a few minutes and the update in total to take about 30 minutes.
As for the features of this update, here is a rundown of what is included:
- Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations
- Adds USB MIDI support
- Adds memory compression enhancement
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep
- Fixed Compass functionality
- Fixed Gamepad Mapper issues
- Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card
- Fixed Doom 3 HDMI output issue
- Repositioned Lasso Capture icons in landscape mode
- Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level March 1, 2016
- Overall stability and security enhancements
Of course, with Marshmallow 6.0.1 you get the benefits like Doze and Do Not Disturb until next alarm feature that is built into the platform.