Adding to the releases that the company made last week, Sony has released the Android Marshmallow update for another of their devices. If you are an Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact owner, Marshmallow goodness is coming your way via an OTA update that should be hitting your device any time now. The update you are looking for is build 23.5.A.0.570 which, if you remember, is the same build number across several other Xperia devices that have received the latest version of Android.
Like other manufactures, Sony has added some of their own elements to this update for the tablet. Here is a rundown of the changes that they have included in this update from the Sony Update
page for the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact.
- Improvements to volume and silent mode control, more control of your alerts.
- All new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive Calendar sync
- Camera focus, speed and accuracy improvements in Superior Auto mode.
- Many new features for Xperia™ in Business, enhancing enterprise support for Xperia™.
- Now take pictures from the camera using Sony SmartWatch 3
Of course, all of the basic goodness that is in Marshmallow itself is in the update. That means you will be able to take advantage of the new permissions system and Doze that comes within the core release itself.
Sony has not given a clear indicator of when all Z3 Tablet Compact models will have the update but they have released it. If you have one of these tablets, go to Settings>About Tablet>Software Update to see if it is ready for you to download. If it is, you can expect about a 1GB download (so Wi-Fi is required) and the upgrade process can take up to 15-20 minutes to complete.