Building upon the success and design of the Stylus 2, LG has announced the launch of the updated Stylus 2 Plus today in Taiwan with a broader release coming over the course of the next few weeks. LG states that this updated stylus driven phablet “… design remains consistent with the original LG Stylus 2, the smartphone features significantly better performance than its original cousin.” And upgrades it does have indeed. It keeps the 5.7″ Full HD display with some some improvements, adds a fingerprint sensor and has an Intel based 1.4GHz octa-core processor powering things. That is coupled with 2GB of RAM on the 16GB storage model while the 32GB storage model will have 3GB of RAM. There is also a MicroSD slot.
Here are the highlights of everything that is in the Stylus 2 Plus
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD IPS Quantum Display
- Chipset: 1.4GHz Octa-Core
- Camera: Rear 13MP, 16MP / Front 5MP, 8MP (varies by region)
- Memory: 2GB, 3GB RAM / 16GB, 32GB ROM / MicroSD (varies by region)
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 155 x 79.6 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 145g
- Network: LTE / HSPA+ / GSM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / USB 2.0
- Colors: Titan / Gold / Brown
- Others: Fingerprint Sensor
The device is rolling out today in Taiwan with Asia, South America, Europe and North America in the weeks to come. There is no specific date given for the North America release but it should happen sometime this summer. There is also no indicator of what the price point will be in the various regions.