The OnePlus team has begun rolling out an OTA update to the OnePlus 3 that brings a sizable number of improvements to the device. OxygenOS 3.2.2 is being rolled out to users in phases as the company continues to tweak and improve their homebrew version of Android Marshmallow for the flagship phone. One of the big changes is the improvement of notification management in Doze, the battery saving feature of Marshmallow while your phone is unplugged and idle. Another big improvement is the alert slide/silent mode issue where some users were accidentally turning on their phones while dropping it into their pockets. This, appears at least, to have been fixed with this update.
Here is the complete rundown of features and changes that have been added in the 3.2.2 update from the
- Improved notification management in doze.
- Addressed alert slider/silent mode issue.
- Disabled fingerprint sensor while in pocket.
- Added NFC toggle in quick settings.
- Improved noise cancellation in video recording.
- Updated 4K video recording codec.
- Added latest security patches and various optimizations.
If you aren’t seeing the update yet, give it a few days. OnePlus always phases in these updates to manage server load. Once your OnePlus 3 has it however, you should see some nice improvements.