OnePlus has released a 6th beta of their Android Nougat based OxygenOS release for the OnePlus 3. The new build, version 3.5.5, brings a lot of changes as the company gets ready for a public release of the update in December. If you already have the beta installed on your OnePlus 3, this update to the home-brew version of Android for the OP3 will come to you via an OTA update. If you are not a part of the beta program, you can sign up and then do a manual flash of your device to this latest build.
As for what is addressed in this update, it is pretty extensive and for those in the beta program, its well worth the update.
From the blog post on the OnePlus site, here is the rundown of things that are addressed, fixed or improved in this latest beta:
- Added OnePlus FileDash functionality for convenient file transfers
- Added ability to switch launcher layouts
- Integration of Google Map to share locational information in messages.
- Redesign of the phone calling UI
- Added personalized ringtone information in contact details
- Added ability to view the entire call history of the selected contact
- Introduction of the OnePlus Community App
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes
That’s a good pile of changes but keep in mind that things are still in beta. If you are not comfortable flashing your devices manually, especially if the stability isn’t there for you, I’d recommend waiting until the official release. That is expected sometime in December for the OnePlus 3.