Last year, the Project Fi team quietly added a travel vending machine at San Jose International Airport (SJC). The machine allowed Fi subscribers to get free travel gear such as eye covers, charging cables and other travel centric goodies. Now they have decided to expand a bit. In a Tweet yesterday, the Fi team announced that the Travel Trolley as they are called will be coming to eight new airports throughout the United States.
— Project Fi (@projectfi) April 24, 2017
The list is pretty good and cover many high traffic or popular airports across the country
- PHL, Terminal F, just prior to the first gate
- ORD, Terminal 3, between concourse K and H
- MDW, Terminal 1, between Gate A5 & A3
- SJC, Terminal B, across from Gate 25
- MSP, Terminal 1, Concourse G
- SMF, Terminal B, across from Gate 12
- BUR, Terminal A, gate A3
- SEA, Concourse A, gate A3
- RDU, Terminal 2
The good news is that if you are not a Fi subscriber, you can still take part in the fun.
If you are a Fi subscriber, you just need to go to the trolley, follow these simple instructions to get your free swag.
- Hold your phone up to the NFC reader on the vending machine. You’ll see a QR code on your screen.
- Use the scanner on the vending machine to scan the QR code on your phone.
- Tap the blue Get Item button.
If you aren’t a Fi subscriber, just indicate that you are with another provider and play the free trivia game for a chance to win an item.
Finally, if you visit one of the Project Fi travel trolleys, be sure to share your experience with the hashtag #FlywithFi to be eligible to win a free Google Pixel.