Apple Pay, the tap-to-pay service for retail and app purchases, has expanded the number of partner financial institutions here in the United States as well as five other countries. The expansion comes just a few weeks after Brazil iOS users were added to the countries that support the service.
The expansion adds banks here in the United States as well as Canada, China, Italy, Russia, and Spain. While the list of countries and banks supported by Apple Pay is substantially smaller than its main rival Google Pay, the expansion shows that Apple plans to continue to work with financial institutions and, in some cases, governments, for the service to work in other countries and with more banks.
The team over at 9to5Mac have put together a comprehensive list of all of the banks that are now supported in these six countries. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- Cambrian Credit Union Limited
- Steinbach Credit Union
- 5 Star Community Credit Union
- AlaTrust Credit Union
- Apple River State Bank
- Bank of Weston
- Community Bank of Elmhurst
- CARTA BCC (banca credito cooperativo)
- Cassa Centrale, Casse Rurari Trentine (credit cards)
- Credit Agricole (cariparma, friuladria, Carispezia) (credit and debit cards)
- Credit Bank of Moscow
- Credit Ural Bank (Visa debit and credit cards)
- Caja Rural (Visa debit and credit cards)
- EVO Banco (Visa debit and credit cards)
- Openbank (previously Mastercard cards only)
- Bank of Baoding
- Xiamen Bank
- Yinzhou Bank
If your bank is now supported, you should be able to register your debit or credit card through the Wallet app to add it to Apple Pay.