The OneDrive for Windows Phone app has just had a big update drop in the Windows Phone Store that brings significant changes to the user experience along with several other key updates. The new version 4.5 build is out now and you can get it free in the Store.
The release notes of changes that are in this update cover a pretty extensive amount of updates to the OneDrive app for Windows
- UX updates and improvements
- All Photos view
- Search updates for personal and work accounts
- Shared with Me and Recent views for work accounts
- Access to your recycle bin, so you can view and restore personal and work items
- A new page for viewing the properties of personal files
- Easy access to app ratings from the settings menu
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
It is that first update that really is the key for this release. Many people did not like the changes to the previous build. With this build the upper menu of the UI has been completely redone with a side swipe navigation to folders, photos and recent files while at the bottom the feature control buttons have been added back.
As you would expect, the app update is free.