With it being the first Monday of the first full week of June, as expect, the Android team within Google has released this month’s Android Security Update patches. The full builds along with the OTA builds are now available for those who want to sideload while devices should be getting the update via the System Update settings on their phone later today.
As usual, there are two patches in this month’s update. The first, date June 1, 2018, consists of 22 total patches, five of which are considered critical. This patch mostly deals with the base Android platform itself and the patches address things like Media Framework and System level patches.
The second patch, dated June 5, 2018, is the patch that Google Pixel devices will be receiving. This patch consists of 39 fixes in total, six of which are marked as critical. This patch deals mostly with system drivers and component drivers from different companies like Qualcomm, MediaTek, and NVIDIA.
Google has release the release notes for the patches which you can find on the Android Security site.
As for the builds, here is what you are looking for on specific devices:
- Google Pixel 2 XL – OPM2.171026.006.C1 or OPM4.171019.021.E1 (T-Mobile)
- Google Pixel 2 – OPM2.171026.006.C1 or OPM4.171019.021.E1 (T-Mobile
- Google Pixel XL – OPM4.171019.021.D1
- Google Pixel – OPM4.171019.021.D1
- Google Pixel C – OPM4.171019.021.D1
- Nexus 6P – OPM6.171019.030.B1
- Nexus 5X – OPM6.171019.030.B1