The Chromium team within Google has publicly published a detailed list of every Chrome OS device and its status on being protected against the Meltdown vulnerability. The list can be found here and I strongly encourage readers to visit the link and bookmark it.
The list is broken down into seven columns that provide details for each device. The columns are:
- Public codename for the device
- Marketing name of the device
- Kernel version
- Architecture (x86, ARM, aarch64)
- Date of when automatic updates end for the device
- If Meltdown protection has come to the Kernel Page Table Isolation (KPTI) in Chrome 63 for that device
- Kernel Page Table Isolation (KPTI) will eventually be updated
The last two columns in this table are the key ones to pay attention to as you review it. This tells you if your device is protected, will be protect, or at EoL (End of Life) and will not be updated.